If I had to pick one thing to eat every day for the rest of my life, it would be PIZZA! I never get sick of it. Unfortunately, pizza is generally not very healthy.
Pizza is not just bad for you because of the calories. It also has a lot of sodium, saturated fat, and cholesterol.
Even the frozen thin-crust pizzas at the grocery store usually have a lot of preservatives in them. Check out this list of the 11 healthiest and unhealthiest frozen pizzas.
Life without pizza is not worth living! (Tweet This)
So, I came up with an even better option to get your pizza fix is to make your own! I promise it’s not hard!
I chose to go with a very simple option. No dough making required. Just a whole wheat pita, some toppings, an oven or toaster oven and you have a personal pizza to enjoy guilt-free!
In the beginning, there was pizza ingredients…
A little bit of minced garlic, please.
And a little bit of ricotta cheese, thank you.
Toppings, yes please!
350 degrees, and less than 10 minutes later…
- 1 small whole wheat pita
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp fat free ricotta cheese (I recommend the Sorrento brand)
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup part skim low-moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
- 7-10 Sundried tomatoes (optional), or you can use fresh diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the pita on a baking sheet.
- Spread minced garlic over one side of flat pita.
- Spread ricotta cheese over top of garlic.
- Top ricotta cheese with chopped spinach and sundried tomatoes (optional).
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake on baking sheet on center oven rack for 6-8 minutes.
The cheese will be melted and the pita will be slightly crisped on the bottom and the edges. Delicious! In the comments below, let me know if you try this pizza pita and what toppings you used!
- Calories: 315 Cal
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Protein: 20g
I started making these pizzas for my lunch once or twice a week while I was doing the 21-Day Fix program. The ingredients are all 21-Day Fix approved foods. See my results below!