This site is called Fit Life Pursuits simply because it’s about pursuing a fit life.
Pursuing a fit life means that I will always be able to say “yes” to any exciting adventure, without having to worry if my body is up for it. It means that I will pursue a life of adventure, stay active, and challenge myself to fully experience life and chase my dreams.
Check out my list of Fit Life Pursuits and create your own too!
- Live in another country for an extended time – 3 months or more
See the big 5 on an African Safari(Completed December 2014) Spend the night in a luxurious over-water bungalow(Completed July 2014)
- Go hiking and rafting in the Grand Canyon
- Walk where Jesus walked in Israel
- Ride a camel in Egypt
- Go skiing at every resort in the U.S. (Completed to date below!)
Big Sky, MO(Completed March 2014) Big Mountain, MO(Completed) Heavenly, CA(Completed January 2004) Canyons, UT(Completed January 2003) Park City, UT(Completed February 2012) Deer Valley, UT(Completed February 2012) Vail, CO(Completed Spring 1999) Steamboat Springs, CO(Completed January 2011) Arapahoe Basin, CO(Completed December 2008) Keystone, CO(Completed December 2008) Mt. Bachelor, OR(Completed January 2015) Mt. Hood Meadows, OR(Completed March 2016)
- Visit all 50 states (spending a night or more) (Completed to date below!)
Alabama(Completed Spring 2006) Alaska(Completed May 2010) Arizona(Completed March 2015) Arkansas(Completed March 2015) California(Completed Summer 2008) Colorado(Completed January 2011)
Florida(July 26, 1984, my birthday!) Georgia(Completed March 2007, Lived here 2010)
Idaho(Completed October 2015) Illinois(Completed November 2015) Indiana(Completed April 2017)
Kansas(Completed July 2017)
Massachusetts(Completed November 2015) Michigan(Completed Summer 2006)
Mississippi(Completed March 2015) Missouri(Completed Summer 2006 at KWest) Montana(Completed December 2008) Nebraska(Completed June 2017) Nevada(Completed Summer 2008)
- New Hampshire
New Jersey(Completed December 2016) New Mexico(Completed March 2015) New York(Completed Winter 2001) North Carolina(Completed Fall 2007)
- North Dakota
Ohio(Completed November 2015) Oklahoma(Completed March 2015) Oregon(Completed January 2015, Lived here 2015) Pennsylvania(Completed November 2015)
- Rhode Island
South Carolina(Completed Winter 2008) South Dakota(Completed November 2015) Tennessee(Completed Fall 2007) Texas(Completed August 2014) Utah(Completed February 2012)
Virginia(Completed November 2015) Washington(Completed Winter 2011)
- West Virginia
Wyoming(Completed June 2001)
- Climb a redwood tree
Rock climb in Thailand(Completed March 2017) Go dog-sledding in Alaska(Completed May 2010) Compete in the Triple Crown bouldering series(Completed Fall 2007)
- Go on a hot air balloon ride
Ride an elephant(Completed March 2017)
- Be a full-time volunteer/humanitarian
Be a Younglife leader(Started 2017)
- Provide foster care to a child
- Give away $100,000 to charity
- Significantly change the life of someone for the better
- Become fluent in 3 languages
- Own less than 100 things (I feel like this one needs some explanation. I have been thinking a lot about how I feel weighed down by all the “stuff” I own. I don’t want to place so much value on things, but on people. I want to invest my money in people, travel, adventures, and my business.) “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:19-21
- Do 50 consecutive push-ups (on toes)
- Do 10 consecutive pull-ups unassisted
- Be able to do full splits on both legs again
- Hold a freestanding handstand
- Run a 5K race in under 25 minutes (I hate running)
Get certified as a personal trainer(Completed April 2016)
Pass 500 subscribers on Fit Life Pursuits(Completed 2015)
- Pass 10,000 subscribers on Fit Life Pursuits
Publish a book(Completed September 2015)
A little over a year ago I turned 29 and I was having a really hard time with it because I knew in a year I would be 30. I was unhappy with my body and had this feeling like it was all downhill from here. Now that I am actually 30 and in the best shape of my life, my outlook on life has changed. I am excited about living this fit life!
As time goes on, I’m sure I will continue to add to this list, but I am excited about pursuing these adventures now. I encourage you to come up with your own fit life pursuits and share them below if you’d like! Committing to a fit life is the best decision I’ve ever made.
MY CHALLENGE TO YOU
Come up with your own list of Fit Life Pursuits. Seriously, go take 5 minutes or 5 hours and write down what you want to accomplish in life. And then make up your mind to keep your body and mind fit enough to do it.
Let me know in the comments below some of the items on your list.