The theme running through my head this month was all about living the life you want. Take risks, stop making excuses, and be confident. Take your life and your health into your own hands and do what needs to be done to improve it.
August was a month of personal and professional growth for me. I hope it was the same for you!
Today, I am excited to bring you some of the best online articles from August. Plus, an update on how I did with my August goals and fill you in on my new September goals. If you missed my May, June, and July roundups, you can check them out here ,here, and here.
August Reads I Loved
- How to Make New Friends as a Young Adult – Meeting new people was one of my goals for the month of August. I’ve been living in Bend for 5 months now and haven’t really made the effort to meet people. When I came across this article I knew it was time to put myself out there. Making new friends as a 31-year old is like going on a first date. It can be really awkward. Luckily, I met a few really awesome ladies this month and am looking forward to their friendships.
- Those Top 37 Things You’ll Regret When You’re Old – I wouldn’t consider myself old, but I could relate to a lot of the things on this list already, especially #2, #4, #7, #9, #15, #20, #33, and #37. A lot of the things on this list are similar to the 30 Things I Learned at 30.
- Stop Making Excuses Just Go For It – This article provided me with inspiration right when I needed it. Even as a fitness coach, I often find myself trying to make excuses. So many people fail to achieve their goals because they continue to make excuses. I don’t want to be one of those people. Do you?
- Prescribing Vegetables. Not Pills – This is an older article, but it just popped onto my radar this month. A fruit and vegetable prescription program? What a great idea! I agree with it 100% and have talked about a lot of these principles in my new book, The Food Dare. I am excited to share it with you so you can start your own fruit and vegetable prescription program!
- Why I Ride – My friend Liz over at The Clean Eating Couple, is raising money as a participant in The Closer to Free fundraising event benefiting the Smilow Cancer Hospital. She recently lost her grandfather to cancer and wants to give back. How great is that? I hope you will consider supporting her journey!
August Favorites From Fit Life Pursuits
In case you missed anything here at Fit Life Pursuits, here’s a little recap of some of my favorite articles on the site in August:
We had visitors from Florida this past month and decided to try out a new hike at the Columbia River Gorge. We survived the treacherous log jam and waded through freezing cold water to be met by a beautiful waterfall at the end! It was a hike I won’t forget!
I am a big fan of anything chocolate. Anyone else? I have been trying to come up with a yummy chocolate dip for fruit (and other yummy dippers) that is good for you too. And I finally found one!
I am thrilled to announce my new Live Fit Training Program beginning this month!! I have been working really hard on the program in August and it is going to be amazing! If you have been waiting for the right time to reach your goals, lose weight, and get healthy, this is it! Join the program and learn to live fit!
While my parents were visiting this month, we went fly fishing! It was my first time fly fishing and it was a blast! If you are looking to try something new, you should consider giving fly fishing a chance! I give you tons of tips for beginners in this fly fishing recap at Crooked River, Oregon!
My August Progress
I set several goals for myself in August, so I just wanted to give you an update on how I did:
- Complete The End of ExerCIZE Challenge. Success! Me and some other ladies danced our butts off this month during The End of ExerCIZE Challenge. It was a great way to get out of my exercise rut and have fun working out by dancing in my living room! If you’re interested in The End of ExerCIZE Challenge, you can find out more information here!
- 10,000 steps per day. Fail! I have to say that I majorly failed on this one during the month of August. I sit at my computer most of the day and I didn’t make the effort to get up and get moving. My CIZE workouts calculated about 1,500 steps and I hardly get any steps when I am training at the rock gym. I was very consistent with exercise throughout the month, but not very good at getting moving. I am going to do better this next month and have found some new tips to help!
- Read Daily. Success! I have been reading every day for personal development, business development, and fun! I am currently reading Anna and The French Kiss for fun and am really enjoying it. I am always looking for new fiction books to read, so if you know of a great one, let me know in the comments below!
- Meet new people. Success! Like I said above, I decided to put myself out there and meet some new ladies this month! Yay for new friends!
My September Goals
I have set some new goals for myself for the month of September. I think goal-setting is important. Write them down and share them with others! You will be glad you did.
- Help women get fit through my Live Fit Training Program. Like I mentioned above, my new Live Fit Training program starts this month, and I am so excited!! I am thrilled to work with some awesome ladies and help them reach their goals! I have just a few slots remaining so if you want in, hurry! If you are ready to work hard and learn how to Live Fit, please get in touch with me. You can find out more information about the Live Fit Training Program here.
- Try something new. I tried fly fishing this past month and it was so much fun! My goal for September is to give something new a try again!
- Eat less sugar. I struggle with sugar. I have reduced my sugar intake quite a bit recently, but I could afford to cut it down a little more.
- Stretch more. I haven’t been taking the time after my workouts to stretch and I am feeling pretty tight. I want to loosen things back up this month.
- Successful launch of The Food Dare. My new book, The Food Dare will be published this month!! I am so excited about it because I know it is going to change so many lives. You can go here to find information about The Food Dare!
What are you goals for September?