I am a big fan of anything chocolate. Anyone else?
I have been trying to come up with a yummy chocolate dip for fruit (and other yummy dippers) that is good for you too. And I finally found one!
Surprising to most people is the fact that I don’t like peanut butter, and most of the healthy chocolate dip recipes I have found so far include peanut butter.
For some reason, I do like almond butter. Weird, right? I guess it makes sense when I think about it because I don’t really like peanuts, but I love almonds!
So, I decided to try a chocolate dip recipe that used almond butter instead of peanut butter. It ended up being delicious and nutritious as well, made with just a few ingredients and no additional sugars!
The other great thing about this recipe is that it is a high protein snack! I always have difficulty getting enough protein in my diet, so a good protein snack is a great thing!
- 1 and 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond butter. I used Justin’s honey almond butter. If you prefer to use a plain almond butter you may want to add 2 Tbsp of pure honey to the mix for extra sweetness.
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl with a spoon until well blended.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.
- Makes about 10 1/4 cup servings.
- Enjoy cool as a dip. You can use dippers such as fruit, crackers, pretzels or anything else you’d like to dip in chocolate! Get creative!
This is a great healthy dip for any brunch, shower, tailgate party, or just to have on hand at home for a healthy dessert!
Do you prefer peanut butter or almond butter?
Have you ever tried cashew butter?